Wellspring will be running the Youth MHFA course in Feb/March 2014. This is an internationally recognised training programme designed specifically for those people that teach, work, live with or care for young people aged 11 – 18. The training provides information, tools and techniques to promote a young person’s mental and emotional wellbeing and to enable participants to support a young person who might be experiencing mental and emotional distress.
Why is this course important?
- 1 in 10 young people experience emotional and mental health problems
- By the time young people become adults the incidence of mental health problems rises to somewhere between 1 in 4 and 1 in 6 people
- For those aged 15-24 suicide is the second most common cause of death
- There is evidence to suggest early intervention is hugely beneficial
Key areas covered within the course include:
• Promoting emotional, mental, social and psychological well-being
• Eating Disorders
• Self Harm
• Diversity and equality issues
• Substance/Alcohol misuse
• Child, adolescent and family psychosocial development
• Bullying/Cyber bullying
• Promoting protective factors and good parenting
Cost: £75 per person
Trainer: Elaine Wainaina
Dates: Saturday 15 Feb, 22 Feb, 1 March & 8 March 2014; 9.30 am – 1 pm.
Venue: Mowbray Community Church, Harrogate
To request a booking form please phone 01423 881 881 or email email@example.com Deadline for registrations is Thursday 30 January. Update: this course is now fully booked but we are planning another youth course on 31 May & 7 June 2014. Contact us if you wish to be kept informed of future training dates.
We are very grateful to our trustees for their hard work. We appreciate their commitment to making Wellspring’s work possible.
All you need to know about becoming a trustee: http://trusteesweek.blogspot.co.uk/
Contact the office on 01423 881 881 or firstname.lastname@example.org
A chance to purchase original artwork – A wellspring of creativity by local artists for you to buy & give
Open to all: Saturday 23 November 2013, 10 am-4 pm
Venue: St Andrew’s Welcome Centre, Starbeck, Harrogate.
Admission free. Refreshments available.
Participating artists include:
Laney Birkhead – printmaking & paintings
Caryl Hallett – stained glass
Janet Yau – silver jewellery
Hugh Leishman – turned wood
Diane Jones – textiles
Sue Bird – printmaking & paintings
Barbara Cassell – jewellery & hats