Our two day Adult MHFA course is an internationally recognised course. After taking it, you will be able to:
- Recognise the symptoms of mental health issues
- Provide initial help
- Guide a person towards appropriate professional help
MHFA won’t teach you how to be a therapist, but once you’ve completed the two day course you will be able to say you’re a Mental Health First Aider.
Cost: £150 (this includes course fee, manual, workbook & light refreshments. Lunch not provided)
Venue: Pannal Village Hall, Station Road, Pannal, North Yorkshire, HG3 1JG
To request a booking form please send an email to email@example.com or ring 01423 881 881.
What will I learn?
Our quality assured MHFA instructor delivers training that has been designed to fit into four manageable chunks. These are:
- Mental Health First Aid, mental health, and depression
- Depression (cont.) and suicidal crisis
- Anxiety, personality disorders, eating disorders and self harm
- Psychosis, schizophrenia and bipolar disorder
In each section you’ll learn how to:
- Spot the early signs of a mental health issue
- Feel confident helping someone experiencing a mental health issue
- Provide help on a first aid basis
- Help prevent someone from hurting themselves or others
- Help stop a mental health issue from getting worse
- Help someone recover faster
- Guide someone towards the right support
- Reduce the stigma of mental health issues.
How will I learn?
The Adult MHFA course will take place over two full days.
The sessions will be a mix of presentations, discussions, and group work activities. Our instructor provides a safe learning environment and is trained to support you throughout the whole course. If you don’t feel comfortable joining in certain parts, then there is no pressure to.
Due to some of the sensitive subjects of our courses, we limit numbers to 16 people. We want everyone to feel safe and our instructor can help if people find some parts particularly difficult.
Everyone who attends the course will receive a copy of the MHFA manual and workbook. When you have completed the course you will receive a certificate to confirm that you are a trained Mental Health First Aider.
Who can attend?
The course is for everyone aged 16 and upwards and you don’t need any qualifications or experience in mental health to take part.