CPD for counsellors/psychotherapists with Lesley Dougan: Working with Clients with Autism Spectrum Conditions (ASC)
Date: Saturday 13 October 2018
Time: 9.30 am – 4.30 pm (registration from 9 am)
Venue: Wellspring, 78 High St, Starbeck, Harrogate, North Yorkshire, HG2 7LW
Cost: Early Bird: £75 if booked by 31 August. £95 from 1 September.
Students: 20% reduction on prices.
Groups of 3 or more booking together: 20% reduction on prices.
Please note – only one concession per booking.
To request a booking form please contact the office on 01423 881 881 or at firstname.lastname@example.org .
About the trainer
Lesley is passionate about working with individuals on the Autism Spectrum. She has over 20 years experience working with CAMHS specialising in Learning & Developmental Disabilities; gained a Post Graduate Diploma in Autism Spectrum Conditions; an MA in Special Educational Needs, and completed training to assess individuals using the DISCO (Diagnostic Interview for Social and Communication disOrders) and ADOS (Autism Diagnostic Observation Schedule).
A BACP Accredited Psychotherapist, Lesley currently works for the Alder Centre, Liverpool and in private practice. She also teaches on the MA Course in Counselling & Psychotherapy Practice at Liverpool John Moores University.
- Understanding ASC
- Diagnostic Criteria for DSM 5 / ICD10 & Autism / ASC
- Critical Autism Perspectives on diagnosis
- Increase Awareness of the Sensory Components of ASC and how this impacts on clients’ experiencing
- Making sense of what is going on for clients on the Autism Spectrum
- Mental Health Issues and ASC
- Informing practice with individuals on the Autism Spectrum –
- Reasonable Adjustments
- Equality Diversity and Inclusion
- Social Stories (etc.)
The workshop will mix theory and knowledge with practical exercises to enhance your knowledge for working with this client group.