If you haven’t got a desk calendar yet for 2014, consider buying a Wellspring calendar (suggested donation: £4). Stocks are dwindling fast so hurry! To order a copy email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 01423 881 881.
Wellspring will be running the Youth MHFA course in Feb/March 2014. This is an internationally recognised training programme designed specifically for those people that teach, work, live with or care for young people aged 11 – 18. The training provides information, tools and techniques to promote a young person’s mental and emotional wellbeing and to enable participants to support a young person who might be experiencing mental and emotional distress.
Why is this course important?
- 1 in 10 young people experience emotional and mental health problems
- By the time young people become adults the incidence of mental health problems rises to somewhere between 1 in 4 and 1 in 6 people
- For those aged 15-24 suicide is the second most common cause of death
- There is evidence to suggest early intervention is hugely beneficial
Key areas covered within the course include:
• Promoting emotional, mental, social and psychological well-being
• Eating Disorders
• Self Harm
• Diversity and equality issues
• Substance/Alcohol misuse
• Child, adolescent and family psychosocial development
• Bullying/Cyber bullying
• Promoting protective factors and good parenting
Cost: £75 per person
Trainer: Elaine Wainaina
Dates: Saturday 15 Feb, 22 Feb, 1 March & 8 March 2014; 9.30 am – 1 pm.
Venue: Mowbray Community Church, Harrogate
To request a booking form please phone 01423 881 881 or email email@example.com Deadline for registrations is Thursday 30 January. Update: this course is now fully booked but we are planning another youth course on 31 May & 7 June 2014. Contact us if you wish to be kept informed of future training dates.