This half day course is an introductory four hour session to raise awareness of mental health. It is designed to give you:
- An understanding of what mental health is and how to challenge stigma
- A basic knowledge of some common mental health issues
- An introduction to looking after your own mental health
- Confidence to interact with someone in distress or who may be experiencing a mental health issue
- Insight into the two day course and the benefits of becoming a Mental Health First Aider
Numbers are limited to 25 people per course so that the instructor can keep people safe and supported while they learn. You will get an MHFA manual to keep and refer to whenever you need it. When you complete the session you’ll get a certificate to say you are MHFA Aware.
Date: Saturday 16 March 2019
Time: 9 am – 1 pm
Venue: Wellspring House, 78 High Street, Starbeck, Harrogate, North Yorkshire, HG2 7LW
Cost: £55 if booked & paid by 11 Feb 2019; £65 if booked & paid after 11 Feb. 10% discount on prices for students and the unwaged and for group bookings of 3 or more. Please note: only one concession per booking.
For more info please contact the office by phone on 01423 881 881 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org .