A full day’s training suitable for anyone working in a pastoral as well as a therapeutic setting. With Canon Dr Bill Merrington.
LAST FEW PLACES REMAINING. PLEASE CHECK WITH THE OFFICE BEFORE TRANSFERRING ANY FEES.
Date: Saturday 18 January 2020
Time: 10 am – 4.30 pm
Venue: The Garden Room at Wellspring House, 78 High Street, Starbeck, Harrogate, North Yorkshire, HG2 7LW.
Cost: £60 if booked and paid for by 16 December 2019. £75 thereafter. Prices include VAT, CPD certificate and light refreshments (no lunch included). 10% discount for students or groups of 3 or more. Only one concession per booking.
- Connecting with our own beliefs about crisis and suicide.
- Reflecting from history
- Psychology of suicide
- Suicidality in a therapeutic context
- 2 sided approach to the management of suicide
- a) Practicing the ABC method of support
- b) Targeting suicide as the focus of treatment
- Engaging with our own resources and capacity
- Putting theory into practice
- Self-care commitment
About the trainer
PhD, MPhil, BSc (Hons), CPsycol, PGCHE, FHEA, Dip CBT-Hypnotherapy, EMDR
Canon Dr Bill Merrington is a Chartered Psychologist and he has written 14 books on various subjects covering grief, pastoral care and counselling. Bill has lectured nationally and internationally on counselling, bereavement and resilience issues. Bill is based in York and currently runs his own counselling and supervision practice alongside writing books.