Response to COVID-19
Just ‘B’ Support Line – 01423 856 799.
St Michael’s Hospice Just ‘B’ service has launched a ‘Hear to Help’ support line for those feeling anxious or struggling with their emotional wellbeing due to COVID-19. Available across the Harrogate District 8am-8pm seven days a week for adults, children and young people: 01423 856 799.
(Calls are charged at local rates and may vary dependent on time of day or even be included within your call package: please visit Ofcom for further details: https://bit.ly/2JCVEvU)
I Choose Life Foundation Helpline – 01423 421245
With the COVID-19 outbreak, things may feel out of your control and your fears may be rising. Choose Life Today have set up a free helpline to support you. If you feel like talking things through with someone would help, you can call the helpline on 01423 421245 or e-mail them at email@example.com to book a call. For more information, please see their website: https://www.ichooselifefoundation.com/1-1-sessions/
Self-Care Tips during COVID-19
See our current blog series on our News page for tips and advice on how to care for yourself during these challenging times.
Mental Health Support
Samaritans – 116 123
Samaritans provides 24/24 emotional support for people who are experiencing feelings of emotional distress or despair, including those which may lead to suicide: http://www.samaritans.org
North Yorkshire Mental Health Helpline – 0333 0000 309
A confidential and anonymous service available to anyone registered with a North Yorkshire GP. Providing a listening ear, emotional support, signposting and referral into other services for individuals and the carers of people experiencing mental distress.
Open from Monday to Thursday 5 pm – 8.30 am
Open on a Friday from 4.30 pm
(24 hours at the weekends including Bank Holidays)
Young People’s mental health resources:
- Charlie Waller Memorial Trust: https://www.cwmt.org.uk/
- Family Lives: https://www.familylives.org.uk/
- I Choose Life Foundation: https://www.ichooselifefoundation.com/
- Kooth (Free, safe and anonymous online support for young people): https://www.kooth.com/
- Papyrus – Prevention of Young Suicide: https://papyrus-uk.org/
- Counselling Directory: http://www.counselling-directory.org.uk
- Yorkshire Centre for Eating Disorders (YCED): www.yorkshireeatingdisorders.co.uk
- North Yorkshire Sexual Assault Referral Centre: www.turntobridgehouse.org
- Harrogate Homeless Project: www.harrogate-homeless-project.org.uk
- Reflect Harrogate (support to those who are experiencing a crisis relating to pregnancy or pregnancy loss): www.reflectharrogate.co.uk
- Rethink Mental Illness: www.rethink.org
- ABC (Anorexia & Bulimia Care): www.anorexiabulimiacare.org.uk
- Mental Health Foundation: www.mentalhealth.org.uk
- Young Minds: www.youngminds.org.uk
- Self Injury Support: https://www.selfinjurysupport.org.uk/resource-hub/
- This One Life (offers bespoke mental health and sexual health coaching for schools, academies and universities): https://www.thisonelife.co.uk/