Mental Health Support
Samaritans – 116 123
Samaritans provides 24/24 emotional support for people who are experiencing feelings of emotional distress or despair, including those which may lead to suicide: http://www.samaritans.org
Samaritans Self-Help is a new app that can be accessed at https://selfhelp.samaritans.org/ and has been created to provide an alternative source of support for people who find it difficult to reach out for help or discuss emotions with another person and/or observing social distancing, facing prolonged isolation or lacking the privacy to make a call to Samaritans’ helpline.
The app has a mood tracker and a range of evidence-based resources and techniques. The app has been designed to help people find practical ways to cope and plan ways to stay safe if they’re going through a difficult time. All you need to do is go to the link above, scroll down and create a new account which requires giving your email address and creating a password to log in.
TEWV NHS Crisis All Age Single Point of Access – 0800 051 6171
This new all age, single point of access telephone number is making it quicker and easier for you to call your local crisis team in a mental health emergency.
The phone line, which is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week, offers callers, including those with learning disabilities and/or autism, a series of options which will divert them to their local service.
West Yorkshire & Harrogate Grief and Loss Support Service – 0808 1963833
This is a first point of contact for anyone suffering any form of grief and loss – or those worried about losing someone, whether this relates to a family member, friend or member of their community. Practical and emotional support and advice is available from 8am to 8pm, 7 days a week via their freephone number 0808 1963833, or online chat facility.
SHOUT – text 85258
Shout is the UK’s first 24/7 text service, free on all major mobile networks, for anyone in crisis anytime, anywhere. It’s a place to go if you’re struggling to cope and you need immediate help. https://www.giveusashout.org/
The Silver Line Helpline – 0800 4 70 80 90
The Silver Line is the only confidential, free helpline for older people across the UK open every day and night of the year. Their specially trained helpline team can offer information, friendship and advice; link callers to local groups and services; and offer regular friendship calls. https://www.thesilverline.org.uk/
Young People’s mental health resources:
- The Go-To: https://www.thegoto.org.uk/
- Young Minds: https://youngminds.org.uk/
- Family Lives: https://www.familylives.org.uk/
- Papyrus – Prevention of Young Suicide: https://papyrus-uk.org/
- Charlie Waller Memorial Trust: https://www.cwmt.org.uk/
- Counselling Directory: Wellspring Therapy & Training - Harrogate - Counselling Directory (counselling-directory.org.uk)
- Recovery College Online (provides a range of free online mental health educational courses and resources): https://www.recoverycollegeonline.co.uk/
- North Yorkshire Sexual Assault Referral Centre: https://www.bridgehousesarc.org/
- Reflect Harrogate (support to those who are experiencing a crisis relating to pregnancy or pregnancy loss): https://reflectharrogate.co.uk/
- Mind: https://www.mind.org.uk/
- Rethink Mental Illness: www.rethink.org
- ABC (Anorexia & Bulimia Care): www.anorexiabulimiacare.org.uk
- Mental Health Foundation: www.mentalhealth.org.uk
- Self Injury Support: https://www.selfinjurysupport.org.uk/resource-hub/
- I Choose Life Foundation: https://www.ichooselifefoundation.com/
- Just B: https://justb.org.uk/
- AtaLoss: https://www.ataloss.org/