An 8 week course for teens to explore, explain and improve self-esteem.
This course runs 3 times per year, targeting specific age groups between 11-18 years. To apply for a place or for further info contact us on 01423 881 881 or email email@example.com.
Our aim is to create a safe and confidential space so young people can talk about real stuff and experience the positive POWER of group work.
The course is aimed at teens who:
- struggle to believe in themselves
- want to learn strategies to improve their confidence and emotional resilience
- want to understand how to self calm and cope better with stress
- want to improve with relationships with others
- want to have fun and enjoy good company
What format does the group take?
- 8 sessions on THURSDAY evenings 6-7.30 pm @ Wellspring House in Starbeck. The next course will start on 5 Oct 2023, and aimed specifically for young people in Y7 & Y8.
- the group will consist of up to 12 young people ready to talk and listen to each other
- facilitated by 2 qualified counsellors from Wellspring Youth Service
- each session has a theme to guide discussion and exploration in a fun and dynamic way
- the sessions will help participants become aware of patterns of thoughts and behaviours that have caused them to get stuck in the past.
- with the help of the group, we will develop a tool kit of strategies to break these patterns. This will open the door for better relationships, increased confidence and hope for the future.
- FREE – Funded by Children in Need
On completion of the Empower course young people can access the ongoing support of the Empower Network.
Network meetings take place once a month and enable participants to continue working on improving their self-esteem and confidence through keeping in contact with supportive friends and professionals.
The activities for the evenings are decided by the group and facilitated by Wellspring therapists and volunteers.