An 8 week course for teens aged 14+ to explore, explain and improve self-esteem.
This course runs 3 times per year. To apply for a place or for further info contact us on 01423 881 881 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our aim is to create a safe and confidential space so young people can talk about real stuff and experience the positive POWER of group work.
The course is aimed at teens who:
- struggle to believe in themselves
- want to learn strategies to improve their confidence and emotional resilience
- want to understand how to self calm and cope better with stress
- want to improve with relationships with others
- want to have fun and enjoy good company
What format does the group take?
- 8 sessions on THURSDAY evenings 6.30-8 pm @ Wellspring House in Starbeck – the next course will start in January 2020
- the group will consist of up to 12 young people ready to talk and listen to each other
- facilitated by 2 qualified counsellors from Wellspring Youth Service
- each session has a theme to guide discussion and exploration in a fun and dynamic way
- the sessions will help participants become aware of patterns of thoughts and behaviours that have caused them to get stuck in the past.
- with the help of the group, we will develop a tool kit of strategies to break these patterns. This will open the door for better relationships, increased confidence and hope for the future.
- FREE – Funded by Children in Need
Download the Empower flyer here: Empower ad
‘I understand myself and other people better now’
‘I feel more confident in school and in pressure situations’
On completion of the Empower course young people can access the ongoing support of the Empower Network.
Network meetings take place once a month and enable participants to continue working on improving their self-esteem and confidence through keeping in contact with supportive friends and professionals.
The activities for the evenings are decided by the group and facilitated by Wellspring therapists and volunteers.
Upcoming Empower Network meetings (members only): Wednesdays 6 – 7.15 pm: 11 Dec 2019.